Monday, October 29, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
So - off the top of my head, here are 10 Reasons why we love and will miss Kevin...
10. He always had some deep thought or new idea that was so beyond my own ability to comprehend and understand ...he was brilliant, genius even, and he pushed us to learn more and catch up - always on top of the latest Scientific discovery or latest (REAL) news stories!
9. I loved it when he would call and talk to Kayelyn for 20 minutes before asking for Dave... and she loved that he always called her Princess Kayelyn. (Who doesn't need to be reminded that they are a princess once in awhile?!)
8. We loved his sense of humor and his ability to make us laugh... almost always!
7. We loved his soft heart... if there was a wounded animal or a stray ANYTHING anywhere close to him... he'd be feeding it for weeks to come?!
6. We loved his willing heart to help out anyone less fortunate than himself... even those who were more fortunate but still in need... he'd give above and beyond when he really didn't have it to give... whether it was labor, food, money... well - it was seldom money - but if he had it and you could use it - it was called yours!
5. I am gonna miss his crazy theological questions or deep ponderings about God... he would call at the strangest times and draw me into the weirdest conversations about God... I loved those conversations and treasure them now!
4. Dave will miss the hours of equal competition... golf, cribbage, chess, any kind of cards, any game whatsoever - they would ALWAYS have tie-breakers... it was rare for one to beat the other SOUNDLY! They were evenly matched... whether sports or games or intelligence...
3. He was a true and steady friend... someone who knew Dave from way before I knew Dave... who had stories from childhood and we could reminisce and remember the old days, while still knowing that the Good days are right here, right now! The value of relaxing with a friend who has been with you through the best days and the worst days... who was STILL there! We will miss that a lot!
2. We will miss the taunting and the made-up songs of Dave's losing and how Kev' was the Winner... (as I mentioned, it almost always ended in a tie-break... so if Kevin won - EVERYONE knew! LOL!)
...and the #1 Reason why we will miss Kevin is:
He was part of our life... part of our family... he was lovingly (honestly!) referred to as my husbands' 'other wife'... Dave saw Kevin once or twice a week... pretty much all the time, for over 20 years... to think that he won't call... that there will not be another impromtu pool challenge or golf game... no more Cribbage or Chess or watching the US Open at his house... it is too much...
But then again, I also have peace when I realize that his back no longer hurts, he is no longer in constant pain... his theological questions are now being answered by Father God and Jesus Himself... he is not lacking or less than or needy or questioning his life or regretting his past anymore... he is with God. He is happy, he is healthy, he is where we long to be... and damn it... he wins again!?
We love you Kevin... you were a good friend, a strong brother, a trusted confidant... and we will see you again on the streets of gold!
On a side note - I am so mad at myself for not taking PHOTO's of Kevin!? All those afternoons hanging out - seemed so.... so.... normal? - that I didn't think to take photo's?! (sigh) Mostly - it was Dave and Kevin hanging out or playing sports... and the guys don't really think or want to take pictures of each other...
Still, I encourage you to take pictures of your everyday life and the everyday people that you strive to not take for granted... I so wish I would have clicked away at Kevin!
Be blessed and scrap On!
Monday, October 08, 2007
Whew?! I did finally complete the Italy album - I love it! I am so pleased with it! I would post more layouts - but it wouldn't be fair to the owner - as she has not yet seen it herself! Once I get her permission - (and after she has held it in her own hands) I will post some of my fav's! I am STILL waiting to hear from the album company?! I have sent one final e-mail... if I do not hear from them by tomorrow, I will have to talk with my client and let her know that this Custom album (which would have been SO COOL!!!!) is not going to happen, and we will need to purchase a different 12x album to complete the project! I also completed the custom tin order... 4 little mini's... pretty fun project and I think I will be getting more orders for these as Christmas gets closer... it's a great little stocking stuffer or teacher gift or something... you can use it for a brag book for Grandma, an address book for your teen (or yourself?!), or a mini scrapbook...
So - as soon as I was done with the Italy album, I decided to tackle a portion of that "Stack" of mine! As much as I LOVE the colors of the Italy album - honestly - they are all my favorites... Olive Green, Mustard Yellow, Rust Red, Plum, Brown... yummy earthy colors... when I went to grab my own papers and pictures - I went for BRIGHT Turq and lime green! Something loud and fun and whimsical... and I had a blast!!!
This week I am awaiting payment to begin the custom card order... 100 'Blank Inside" cards... I am so excited to get these done... and hopefully once I am done with this order, I will be able to get caught up on my Pt. Angeles Mini Album, and begin work on my nieces' Wedding Album as well! Oh yes - and let's not forget the Christmas Cards!? Yikes?! I think each year my list gets smaller as my business gets busier?! I ordered a new Stampin' Up! stamp set in order to inspire me to make this years cards... can't wait to get it!!!Dave and I are coming up on 15 years of marriage... we dated for over a year and a half before that... he amazes me... I am blessed... and it really does keep getting better and better! Kaye is doing great - done with Tennis for now... busy with school and her social life... well - as much as a 12 year old can HAVE a social life! Overall we are enjoying Fall and trying to transition into some sort of regular routine and get used to it being darker more often... (the only down side of Autumn?!)
So - what have you all been up to?! What are you scrapping now!? Have you done any altered projects or anything beyond layouts recently?!
Thursday, October 04, 2007
Well - I am finishing up a few projects here... mainly the Italy album! I have 3 pages to do today and then I will be done! I am STILL, however, waiting to hear back from the company about the custom album I created... it should have been printed and shipped by now?! I have a small custom order of 4 mini's that I need to do today as well... and then my next client is wanting a custom order of 100 cards to match her new website/ministry... very exciting! (Although - this still means that I still have stacks... YES, STACKS - of my own photo's to scrap!?) Soon... soon!!!
Anyway - just for your own entertainment, follow this link and enjoy!!! This is a great little tutorial on how to make a "Man Made Card"... LOL!