Thursday, June 07, 2007

Tulle, and Ribbons, and Bows, OH MY!?

So... it's been forever since I have even sat down at the computer to just read all of YOUR Blogs, not to mention update my own... but here I am, stealing a minute or two to say Hey! I have not done ONE THING scrap related for weeks... so not like me... even though I am normally 'caught up' I usually have cards to make or something to alter... something?! But - no... my scrap table probably actually has dust on it!?

But - I have been having fun none the less planning and prepping for my niece's Bridal Shower this weekend! I haven't thrown a Shower for over a decade... I forgot how much goes into it all... of course, lucky for me, my niece is anything but traditional - so it will not be a formal affair... but still - I want it to be fun and a blessing to her... Don't tell Na - but I even have a little notebook... OK - well - for those of you who know me very well - you know that while I lack in any competition with Na - she ALWAYS wins, hands down... I am a Notebook-type of person myself... so when I stepped up to help plan the wedding, and asked my sister (the mother of the Bride) and my niece (the Bride) to bring their Notebook with them when they came a few weeks ago so we could go over the plans... and they openly laughed at me and said, "UM.... a notebook?!?" I panicked a bit... it's true!? Then, over the course of that weekend, I did in fact supply them with color coded lists and a notebook to take home with them! LOL!? Yeah - I know - it is probably under a couch or bed or in some drawer somewhere - but still - it made ME feel better?!

So - this weekend is the Shower... and then in two more weeks, we have the Ceremony! I am the photographer for the Wedding and am so excited!!! Anyway - the shower is first so my focus has had to been on that... I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow and pack the car and then I am ready and can't do anything until the actual day! Oh yeah - my husband and my mother talked me OUT of attempting the cake on my own?! I could have done it - but they saw my eyes glaze over when I recited the menu and they made me stop! Literally - they both said no to half of my menu plans?! They also reminded me that I planned the Shower at 2pm so I wouldn't HAVE to serve a huge spread... but, you know how it is... once the planning starts, and you find all these yummy new recipes... Yeah - I said it... new recipes?! What!? WHAT?!?!? I can do it... I never use a 'tried and true' recipe for a special occasion!? LOL!? OK - well - sometimes maybe... but I had too many fun ones to chose from!!?! Anyway - it will be great! This weekend also happens to be a Crop Retreat weekend... they do it every other month and I cannot go... I even have PICTURES to scrap... but I can't possibly squeeze it in!? I mean - I could try... but... ?!?! I have been fighting off a bit of sickiness too - am feeling MUCH better - but I figure I better not push it too much!

So - hopefully I will have pictures of the shower, or some new lo or SOMETHING to post next time!!!

Praying for you all!
Scrap Happy!
~Karri~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you are still around, lol! Sounds like the planning & general wedding craziness is going well. Can't wait to see pic's of the shower, I hope it went really well.

It rained here all day today, so we braved the dredded mall with ALL THREE girls...yeesh!

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better-praying you will be 100% better SOON!

Miss ya!

Dettao said...

I can certainly sense how much you love your niece. Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment. Cherish your time with your daughter. It goes fast.