Friday, March 14, 2008

I was already thinking of updating anyway Darcie!

It's true... for reals... I was already gonna update today - but time got away from me... and then I got your comment and I remembered I had PLANS!? LOL?!


This week has sort of dragged on... I was feeling better on Sunday, went to church... visited a friend a bit... relaxed... felt like crud again on Monday... pushed through and went Grocery shopping and slept for a LONG time after that... Tuesday I went to my prayer meeting, and felt okay... but alas, no - it did not last?! Dave came home early on Wednesday not feeling well but he got plenty of sleep that night and went back to work on Thursday! (Praise God! I mean honestly... I was feeling better - but not better enough to have to take care of a... um, sick man?! Ya know?!)


So... this is me... feeling pretty good on Tuesday...
And this is my stack of Classics for the month:



Aaah - Poetry... gotta love it! After reading that book that Na talked about on her blog, the author made me want to revisit some of my old favorites... at least all this laying around was not wasted! I ran across a sentimental favorite by ee cumings... "i carry your heart" Let me give ya a little background... (time for true confessions here I suppose)... Dave and I dated for a short 3 months before moving in together... and even after living together for several months, and falling madly in love - we had never actually SAID the words... He was waiting for me to say it so he didn't put himself out there... but I was afraid to say it first... thinking it would pressure him to say it back not really meaning it. Sadly, this was a thought out plan that was carefully followed on my part. Aaah to be young and stupid again!? Anyway - I had a family crisis where I had to drive my parents over to Seattle for emergency surgery and while calling to let him know we made it and the surgery was happening right then, I got our answering machine... well - without even thinking... I ended the message with, you guessed it, "I love you!" (Oops?! I didn't even realize that I had said it?!) Anyway - fast forward two days to my arrival back home and my Dave has the house cleaned and dinner ready and the lights dimmed, and the cassette tape cued and ready to go... (Yes, shut up! I said Cassette tape... whatever!?) He sits me down and asks me to listen to this song... and hits Play and on comes Michael Hedges version of the famous e.e. cummings' poem "i carry your heart" So beautiful!!! Anyway - after the song, he sat down beside me and told me he loved me... it was priceless and so perfect... I then admitted to him that I had loved him for months but didn't want to pressure him into saying it back... which cracked him up because he confessed that he rewound the answering machine tape and listened to my message over and over and over! LOL!? Too cute!

Anyway - in addition to enjoying ee cummings, I ran across this little treasure:

"I do not love you" by Pablo Neruda

"I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.
I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way than this:
where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep."



Anyway - finally, today - I feel nearly human again! I even got in an almost normal workout... and then... magic! A whole afternoon set aside for Pretty In Pink and A Walk in the Clouds while crafting some Easter/Spring cards for my Etsy store!!! aaaaah yes... it's true!!!


I have told my daughter for two years now that her 'Stalker' is her very own Ducky... every girl should have at least one Ducky in their Jr High and High School years... I had a couple myself and they are amazing!!! So - when she came home today she wanted to watch it with me... oooh... the joys of Pretty in Pink!!! So love that movie! LOL! (so did Kaye... and she SO saw that Ducky was her stalker... and that made her sad because, well - she loves Ducky - but like Andy in the movie, um - not like that?!)


Anyway - I AM feeling better... blowing my nose less, and coughing rarely... I hope to continue crafting tomorrow to Sleepless in Seattle! LOL! (I loaned all my chick flicks to Robbin as she recuperated and needed to buy a couple replacements?!)


Scrap On!
~Karri~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh-huh, sure you were, LOL! I hope you are all feeling better by now!? What is up with you guys this year-you sound like us???

Loving all the colorful cards, I have got to get some cards made again. I haven't made them in several years now?! Must stop paying for the cheesy, expensive store cards, lol!

John said...

Love me some Emily Dickinson. Great reading !

Anonymous said...

are you really gonna wait a whole week to update?!

drowning my sorrows in vitamin water and a big ass bowl of guacamole here, lol....