Friday, August 22, 2008

Whidbey Mini: Done - and VOTE FOR ME!!!

OK... I actually was able to start AND finish my Whidbey Island Mini Album! In reality - I started it a few days ago... but hadn't really done much actual scrapping with it! However, my Crop last night was very productive!!!


I bought this super cute little mini album while Chuck was in town and was obsessively trying to find fun paper that 'matched' the blue on the outside of the album... I found this line and LOVED it! Who doesn't love stripes and polka dots?! I mean, really?! So fun! So - here are some little Medleys of LOs in the mini... it really is small - only about 16 pages in all - which, for me - is tiny!? LOL!

Next up - I simply must say I am in love with two new men... I know?! Not just one... but two?! And Dave?! Well... Dave loves them too... I took my Kayelyn to the Super Mall and we discovered Steve & Barry! OH MY GOODNESS?! How did I not know these guys before Wednesday?! It is now our favorite store!?!! Seriously!? EVERYTHING in there is $8.98! Everything!? Is this always the case!? If it is - I am going to need to plan a trip there at least 4 times a year!? LOL?! It's probably best that I DON'T have one in town maybe?!


On Tuesday Kaye and I headed out of town to hook up with one of my bff's from high school! Thanks to Facebook - we reconnected in February this year and have gotten together here in town a few times... but she lives over in Renton and we decided a Girls Back to School Shopping day was in order! She has a little one who is starting Kindergarten, and then there is mine - starting Junior High! Anyway - we stopped off at some outlets on our way and picked up a few things... and then found Annette's house. We all went out to eat at Armondo's (super YUM!) and met up with my other bff from high school! The three of us were ALWAYS together in high school and I hadn't seen MaryAnn since before I was married! That was a lot of fun, and despite the 20 year (shut it!) gap in time, we picked right up where we left off... (um, for better or worse?!) LOL!


Here we are on our Graduation Day:


and here we are now:



So fun!


Then, on Wednesday, we spent the entire day at the Super Mall! My daughter had never been - so we started off in Burlington Coat Factory - which we only bought two things - a black and white striped sweater and BRIGHT blue leggin's (yes - that is how I say it?!). Then we walked all the way around the Mall - stopping off in several stores like Nordstroms Rack, Hot Topic, Zoomies, Gymboree, Old Navy, Icing, Claire's, & Marshalls! However, our favorite store - the one I said we should START with and boy was I right (but we didn't start there!?) was Steve & Barry's. I was not really shopping for me - but we were back to school shopping for Kaye. However, I told her that if I found a pair of jeans in the right (current) size, I was going to buy them because it is getting cooler and I have NO fall clothes anymore... I got rid of ALL of them... Anyway - I didn't think Steve & Barry would even have clothes in my size... (I keep forgetting I have lost weight?! LOL!) So - S&Bs carry Bitten - the Sara Jessica Parker line, and Dear - the Amanda Bynes line... as well as Venus Williams and who knows what lines for the boys/men... no - I didn't even LOOK over there?! I ended up buying a pair of black slacks, cream cords(ish?!), and a jean jacket!? All for $8.98 each?! I was excited when I saw that they had some larger sizes (up to about 22 or 24 I think?!) and remember that I am needing smaller sizes now anyway?! Yay! So - the cream pants are a bit snug - so they are more like Goal pants I guess... I mean, I can get them on and zip them up - but really, they are so tight they are inappropriate?! LOL?! In a month they will be perfect! The Jean jacket is a classic cut and I love it... it fits perfectly and replaces a beloved jean jacket that I had not yet gotten rid of but could no longer wear?! Kaye scored on a pair of jeans, two tops and a super cute pair of boots?! I mean - they have casual and dress wear, coats, jewelry, shoes, jeans, pj's, etc - ALL for $8.98 each?! I will not shut up about this?! LOL?! (OK - I will... but you get the idea! Steve and Barry ROCK!) I did also get a new pair of jeans which fit perfect but are too long (again?!). Don't worry though - Kayelyn is the one who came home with bags and bags... however, (one last time) when I reach my final goal - I am SO going to Steve & Barry's! LOL!


Anyway - the trip was a huge success and yesterday was Orientation! I did NOT follow Na's lead and take photo's of the locker shot or follow my precious down the hallways... I let her attend the day all on her own (well - carpooling her and her friends, I mean?!) She is excited about her classes and is ready to go!


OK - I must get going here... I am off to work on a few Digi projects and get ready for my sister and her fam' coming to town tonight! Yay!


Only a few more days til Back to School here - which means a Girls Matinee celebration soon! LOL!

OH - and by the way... I submitted a LO for the Craft Warehouse Scrapbook Queen contest... you can check it out (and vote for me please - yes, this is a shameless plea!) at:
http://72.3.135.178/index.php?option=com_ponygallery&func=detail&id=380&Itemid=102
You have to log in to the main page and then click on Photo Gallery, and 2008 Scrapbook Queen Contest, and I am listed in the Yakima Category! Thanks in advance for looking... (and voting... I say subliminally, of course!)


Scrap Happy!
~Karrilee~

4 comments:

Michele said...

lol you are too funny! I am going to have to check out if we have one of those stores somewhere around here!! Love the album. It turned our really nice!

Tracy said...

Just to be clear... you love Steve and Barry's, right? :)

GREAT scrapbook, and I love your post!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG-I didn't know there was a Steve & Barry's in the supermall!?! I WAS RIGHT THERE!!!! I knew about them & have been hoping one will open here (yeah, I even emailed them, lol). Glad you scored the bargins though-and I say leggins too, must be a yakivegas thing, lol. ;op

Love the album, and OF COURSE you have it done already... :o)

P.S.
I got even more birdie & owl stamps today. :o)

Denice said...

I did vote for you and gave you a five, but it didn't seem fair because I think your work is a 10!

Love your "mini" album, and your lunchbox...always cute!

Shopping, S&B's, friends...it all sounds too good to be true!