Thursday, October 26, 2006

Scrabook Designer Article is UP!

Hey there, Everyone?!

Yes - I know - I have not updated here for days and days... it's been super busy here - but all good! In case you all have forgotten - I LOVE Fall! I was going through some photo's and uploaded a few of my favorites on my CafePress store... I love to 'tweak' some photo's so they look like a Watercolor or Canvas Oil painting... so fun! I have lots of nature photography and beach scenery, as well as other PNW landscapes! You can check it out at:
http://www.cafepress.com/blessedmemories

I have been happily busy at work on that 'secret' lunchbox album... it is turning out just how I envisioned it - which we all know - does not always happen?! I know I will need more Ribbon for the handle... but other than that - I think I have everything in order... again - just waiting on others to get me the info and pictures! (Darcie - I did order the pictures you sent last week... they arrived last night! Thanks! ...I heard back from Dan - but I still would love to have something from the girls?!) Anyway - when the gift is finished... I will post some pictures... (well - AFTER I give it, of course!)

The big news for me today is that my article is officially up... you can check it out at:
http://www.smallscraps.com/

Just click on the link to take you to the Faces of Scrapbooking! What an opportunity! (Thanks Jennifer!) You all know how I LOVE to use words... and love to create - so this was a perfect chance to write about what I am passionate about! (Well - one of the things, anyway!) So - that was so much fun!

I made about a dozen Fall cards last night... and yes - I wrote in all of them and mailed them out this morning... most of them were for my Scrap Happy girls... it was fun! Oh - and do you all get the e-newsletters from Simple Scrapbooks and CK, etc.?! I can't remember which one I was reading but they had some GREAT samples of Place Cards for Thanksgiving... I am SO going to scraplift one or two of those! We do this Blessing Box every year... and last year I did make the Place Cards into their journaling paper... but this year I will make the tags that are just SUPER cute and are BEGGING to be scrapbooked!?

Non-Scrapbook related news... my dd is feeling much better... she never really did give in to the cold - just held on to the sniffles for a few days... and oh yes - Praise God - we FOUND a Coat! It was amazing! After our entire day of finding nothing... we went to one last store - prayed on the way... and found a coat right away - that was amazingly within our budget by about $0.07!? She is LOVING it and so that makes all the difference! Cool beans!

My dh got back from his Fishing trip empty handed... but he had a great time - a much needed mini-vacation... the only downer is he left his tackle box at the last fishing hole... he is praying that some kind soul will find it and mail it back to him... (it could happen?!)

So - my question for all of you readers today is this:
What do you listen to while you scrap!?

Do you have a favorite CD or Radio Station...
Do you put on a favorite DVD or TV show...
Do you require silence to concentrate... or is it better with a lot of background noise!?

I know it probably differs from time to time... but what sound atmosphere inspires you to create?

Until next time,
Remember to Scrap Happy!
~Karrilee~
Blessed Memories Scrapbooks
www.Karrilee.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I listen to the 80's with the ghetto girls. Here's a sample, lol~

First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
My momma thinks I'm crazy
My dad says I'm insane
I got this boogie woogie fever
Thats burning in my veins

They tried to take me to a doctor
But its too late for me
Then they took me to a preacher
That they saw on their tv
Who said that for a small donation
My lost soul would be saved
I said I dont think so preacher
I'll come back another day

All I want, is to be a rolling stone
They don't understand what we all know

It feels so good that it ought to be illegal
I got my vaccination from a phonograph needle
I'll never grow up and I'll never grow old
Blame it on the love of rock & roll

My teachers didn't like me they always
Tried to put me down
'cause I wore my hair too long
I played my music way too loud

Every little boy wants to learn to play guitar
So he can pick up all the chicks
And be a rock-n-roll star

They said it won't last, but they misunderstood
If people think its bad then I'll be bad for good

It feels so good that it ought to be illegal
I got my vaccination from a phonograph needle
I'll never grow up and I'll never grow old
Blame it on the love of rock & roll

Blame it on the love, blame it on the love
Dad don't understand what the little girls know
Blame it on the love of rock-n-roll

All I wanted, all I ever needed
My guitar gave to me
Every song I've sung blame it on love

Every war I've won blame it on love
Everything I've done blame it on love
Blame it on the love of rock-n-roll

It feels so good that it ought to be illegal
I got my vaccination from a phonograph needle
I'll never grow up and I'll never grow old
Blame it on the love of rock & roll

Blame it on the love, blame it on the love
Dad don't understand
What the little girls know
Blame it on the love of rock-n-roll

Anonymous said...

did you quit blogging? where's the beef? LOL!

Anonymous said...

For the love of Pete, give us something!?!

Corinna said...

Congrats on both of your article spotlights! That is awesome!!!

see, no smack... I am the "nice" one! hee hee

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Corinna,

I always KNEW you were the nice one! LOL! (I will try to update today!)

~K~