Monday, October 30, 2006

What's your Favorite Quote?

“I cannot endure to waste anything
as precious as autumn sunshine
by staying in the house.
So I spend almost all the daylight
hours in the open air.”
~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

Hey there...

Hey... Don't you just love that quote!? I LOVE Fall! I suppose it is the combination of routine and schedule and colors and textures in abundance... I love the cooler crisp mornings and the yummy homey scented candles... Yes - I know you have heard it before here... but I truly do enjoy Autumn!

Anyway - it was a crazy busy week last week... but it was all good and I had so much fun working on 'secret projects' and making cards and spending some 'down time' with my family! (Busy - with down time?! Yes - we have to schedule it in these days... but I highly recommend it!?)

So... my last question was not exactly answered... (What do you listen to while you Scrap!?) For me... my Scrap area is in our Family Room and I normally work on project in the afternoon while the hubby is at work and kiddo is away at school... so I often will scrap with a great chick flick movie on in the background... sometimes I will play some tunes... I have this Jack Johnson DVD but it only has a few songs... I am listening to a lot of Chris Tomlin right now (new CD, ya know?!) and I also love the soundtrack to 13 Going on 30... LOL! Hey?! Who doesn't love the 80's?! It is very happy music that helps me to feel energetic and creative!

Last weekend we had THREE (Count them - 3!) birthday parties to go to... one was for my daughters' best friend... so we just dropped her off for that one and went on to a surprise party for a good friend... he is turning 50! (Oh yes - favorite quote of the week... "He's as old as Yahtzee!") That was super fun... he had no idea... we got to visit with a lot of old friends from previous church circles... it was great! From there... we met back up with our daughter and the other birthday family to go to the THIRD party... another surprise party! It was for our Pastor - who also turned 50! The theme was the 50's so there were PLENTY of poodle skirts and doo-wap music goin' on... lots of Elvis and Fonzi's too! Jon was totally surprised and stunned... then at the end, several friends pitched in and we all raised money to buy him something he has wanted to about 20 years! We were able to raise enough funds to buy him the top of the line Harley Davidson!!! It is tricked OUT... I think his wife will even go on long road trips with him now! Too fun! He was literally speechless... which - many of you know - is not easy to do to a Pastor?! LOL!? Good times, ...good times!

My daughter has her first Choir performance this week... can't wait! I am not even sure what they are singing - I think it is all patriotic songs?! (?!!? In November?! Veteran's day I am guessing!?) I need to bake some brunch-like snacks for a group this week... (Recipe queens?! Any ideas for quick, easy brunch snacks?!) I was supposed tog o see Baby John John today... but it is not going to work out... maybe later in the week!? We'll see?! (Must.... Hold... New... Baby!?!?!?!?!!!)

We are now counting down our Girls Weekend Trip... just 10 days away!!!?!!? Can't WAIT!!!?!

So... my Question this week is based on Quotes! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Quotes... I love famous quotes - I love personal family sayings and quotes... I love quotes from song lyrics or movies or books?! My favorites are always changing from week to week it seems... but lately - for the past several weeks - one of my favorites is this:

“Life is not measured by
the number of breaths we take,
But by the moments that
take our breath away!”
~Unknown
I simply LOVE that quote... how true it is!!! As a scrapbooker - we can get caught up in the 'moments' that we document - but it is in those moments that take our breath away (with or without that camera in our hands!) that truly measure the life we live!
So - I encourage you to share some of your recent/current favorite quotes and consider including them in a scrapbook page or project that you are working on now!
Until next time,
Scrap On!
~Karrilee~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Do you REALLY love fall/autumn? I would never have guessed!
2. Natalie's House of Gay Music. Enough said...
3. OK, there must be some kind of back story to the pastor who turned fifty and you guys just happened to raise, what, SEVERAL thousand dollars for a tricked up Harley?
4. I do enjoy quotes too and keep them in...don't laugh...a notebook.

The Beeler Family said...

"I reject your reality & subistute my own"
~Adam Savage, Mythbusters

LOL! This one just makes me smile. :o)

And, a recipe that is SUPER easy & yummy~

Baklava Cups

2 boxes (2.1oz) frozen mini fillo shells

1 can pistachio lovers nut mix (pistachios, cashews & almonds)

1/2 cup honey mixed with 2 tsp water

1. Heat oven to 350. Have a rimmed baking sheet ready.
2. Fill shells with nuts. Bake about 8 minutes, until shells are lightly browned.
3. Remove from oven & spoon honey mixture into shells. Serve warm or at room temperature.

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

OK...

Na...
1. Yes - I REALLY DO love Fall! tee hee (...and if you would pay attention... you would have known that! LOL!)
2. I KNEW you would say that! LOL! (What? No Big Hair Rock Ballads for you!?)
3. Yeah - the story behind the Harley... well - Our Pastor is known around the area as the Motorcycle Pastor... he loves to ride! He goes on those long road trips and everything but has never owned a Harley. We go to a fairly large church... and there are a lot of pretty well off members there... so with a lot of people wanting to pitch in - it was not that hard to raise that much money... what I think is so cool about that - is it was just from friends to a friend - it was not a church deal... and while we could raise money for church stuff - we just wanted to bless him as a friend... not so much in a churchy way! So - while there were some people I guess who were upset that we were able to raise that much and then spent it on a BIKE... I think it is rather cool that God knew the desire of his heart and helped us to help bring it into reality!
4. Of COURSE you keep 'em in a notebook! I wouldn't expect anything else!!?!

Darcie...
So - you got Oreo, eh?! THAT is funny! (and cool... and I am sure Larry appreciates it!)
Nice Quote - it fits you! LOL!
Recipe sounds YUMMY! (and easy!) I may just try it out on Wednesday!

~Karri~