Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Captured & Counted - Day 30

Well, Day 30 just so happens
to be somewhat of
The Day After...
(The day after Sandy, that is!)
& while I am on the West Coast,
just seeing the photo's and hearing friends
from afar post about how their neighborhoods faired,
makes me once again ever so mindful of the sort of blessings
that we all too often (in this 1st world country!) take entirely for granted!

Today... I am thankful for Power!

For Lights...

that I can read by... some early morning quiet time to get His perspective!


For heat...
that automatically kicks on when it gets even a little chilly inside!

I'm thankful for appliances that work...
So I can have this:

...and this:
A hot cup of coffee, and a warm bowl of oatmeal...
a simple breakfast, often taken for granted!
Captured & Counted!

I pray you are safe and warm
wherever you are,
& that you too will slow down for a moment,
& think on the little things that are so easily missed
because we are so used to them on a daily basis that we forget to 
capture & count them as the blessings - the gifts - that they really are!

~Karrilee~




1 comment:

Janet said...

We often take those things for granted but they are truly gifts. Thanks for slowing down and sharing them.